How many times do you say ‘I have nothing to wear!’ every time you look in your wardrobe? Women only wear 20% of their wardrobe because
a) The items don’t fit because they are the wrong size or wrong shape
b) The items are no longer in fashion
c) The items sit in the ‘One day I’ll wear it…’ pile
d) The item needs fixing for example a new button, shorter hem etc
e) The items are uninspiring
Wouldn’t it be great NOT to spend money on a new wardrobe and utilize everything in your current wardrobe and give it some life?
Some women find this really hard to do, so here are some tips to get your wardrobe de-cluttered and in 100% wearable order. (Alternatively you can give me a call and I can do this for you for a fee!)
- Go through your wardrobe and TRY everything on to find out what fits and suits your body shape. The items that don’t fit or suit your shape put them in a separate pile. These can either be donated to a charity, sold individually on ebay for cash to update your wardrobe OR sold in a bulk pile if the clothes aren’t the best labels. $10 is $10 and can go towards a new top or even accessories!
- Sort your ‘fitting’ wardrobe into tops, pants, skirts, dresses, jackets etc.
- If some items are no longer in fashion, look at magazines or online through Pinterest or fashion websites to get inspiration on how to wear it without looking dated.
- Any clothes that need mending – mend them or drop them to a friend or family member who can fix them for you. Alternatively if you are embarrassed to ask someone close to you to mend your clothes, find your local dry-cleaner as they will have a clothes altering service.
- Now that your wardrobe is sorted, start experimenting putting outfits together. If certain things are missing in your wardrobe, make a note to write them down and when you have the money from items you have sold on ebay, go shopping!